Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I have survived my first full day in Vancouver alone. Everyone at the new office is really nice. One of the ladies was kind enough to take me out at lunch and show me all the good lunch spots...mmmm cheap sushi, I can't wait.

Last night I decided to walk over to Chapters and see what books I could pick up about Vancouver. Got myself all wrapped up in rain gear as it was pouring. The walk to and from Chapters wasn't too bad, I managed to stay relatively dry until a car splashed me about 5 steps from my place. I was soaked head to toe, every thing in my shopping bag was soaked. I now know to avoid the sidewalk near my house when its raining :)

Went for a run this morning with the informal BMO run club. We met at the HO at 6:30 and then ran out to Stanley Park. Wow...what a great way to start the day off. Good bye spare tire!

I also took the bus for the first time this morning. Man, do I love public transportation. I caught the bus just down the street and around the corner from my place (Burrard and Broadway) and it took less than 15 minutes dropping me off a block from my office. Sweet!

No comments: