Monday, May 15, 2006

Please be warned that the following picture is not pretty.














Score 1 for Big Yellow. I ate it on one of the biggest waves I have ever seen and took the board in the face yesterday afternoon. Thought it was just a wee scratch so I continued to surf. I guess the cold water kept the initial swelling down because as soon as I got out it started to swell up and turn some beautiful shades of blue and purple.

Cox Bay was awesome yesterday. It was sunny and warm with set after set of beautiful deep waves. I couldn't' believe the number of people out on the water, I can only imagine what it is like in the summer. My surfing is definitely improving, I'm starting to be able to turn and feel much more comfortable on the board. I was even getting some thumbs up from other people when I caught a good wave. If all goes well I'm hoping to be able to give a mini a try by the end of the summer. Its a little smaller, around 7'3" and is more manouverable than the long board.

Big thanks to the super nice couple parked beside us who gave me ice for my eye. You're what its all about!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Ouch! Okay, when you said come visit and go surfing, did you mean full-contact surfing? Should I bring a helmet? With the purple and yellow you're living up to your Sunfish nickname.