Tuesday, July 25, 2006

As I've been here 6 months now I figured it was time to find myself a family doctor. Asking around I was shocked to find out that a lot of people don't have regular family doctors. Now I don't know if its because of my family medical history but finding a good doctor and establishing a relationship is really important to me. After not having much luck finding a doctor willing to accept new patients or located anywhere near me I finally broke down this morning and went to the Stein Medical Clinic across the street from work. The poor doctor didn't know what he was in for. When he told me he wouldn't do my exam and that I needed to come back and see a female doctor (its walk in only) it almost set me off in tears. He turned out to be really kind and gave me the name of a good local doctor (though he didn't think she was accepting patients but I could use his name) and some advice on where to look for a doctor. So the quest continues.

No comments: