Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Took the day off today to get a little R&R after working the weekend at the Okanagan International Marathon. It was fun to watch the morning shows and have a leisurely breakfast before heading out to do a few errands. I even took in a matinee, nothing like catching a flick on a rainy afternoon.

It was a great weekend in Kelowna, all be it a very busy one. Sunday after the race a bunch of us from Van met for brunch and the ladies surprised with me with a home baked coconut cake. It was delicious. Almost made having to work all weekend worthwhile.

On returning from Van I got the best birthday present..news that Jackie and Blake had a little girl on my birthday. Yeah...I can't wait to meet her when I am home at Christmas.

Vancouver Inside Workers voted today to end the strike. Hopefully this means I will be able to get back to the pool soon.

No comments: