Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's beautiful and sunny out so this will be short as I want to get out and run some errands before the rain/snow mix they have been calling for the last 48 hours arrives.

Yesterday morning I went snowshoeing up on Cypress Mountain. It was a clear morning and the views of the city below were stunning...so much so we all forgot to take out our cameras. After zig zagging through the forest up to the Upper Warming Hut we made our way back down to the Hollyburn Lodge for hot chocolate. Inspired by Trent, I went to the Yeti website yesterday to check out some of the local snowshoe races...definitely intrigued but I think it might have to wait until next winter as I haven't had much time to train and races are starting right away.

Speaking of training, I have new motivation to get back into the pool. I've signed up for a swimathon on May 10th in Victoria. This will be a great way to kick start my open water swimming season. I don't know all the details about the swimathon yet but I think I am going to aim for swimming an hour rather than a certain number of laps. Its hard to keep track of all of those laps when training and I think at the swimathon they have someone do that for you.

Okay...I can not ignore the sunny skies any longer...its been dreary for so long that I have to get out there and take advantage of it.

No comments: