Monday, January 21, 2008

Wow, what a week. I watched more figure skating in the last 7 days then I have in all 35 years of my life. I laughed, I cried and I cried some more. I think I can say that I finally get figure skating. It took a long time and and it took meeting some extraordinary people for me to come to this understanding and to appreciate the artistic element of the sport. To do what they do all with grace and style truly is impressive.

I worked a lot of hours and had to put on my game face day after day regardless of how tired and cranky I was but it was all worth it. This opportunity I had to experience some of the best skating we have seen in years and to meet some of the greatest skaters of the past, present and future would have been something my mother would have just loved. She would have been thrilled to hear all about my meeting Brian Orser and Victor & Shae Lynn. So while I enjoyed the week of skating for all of the fun and excitement of the competition I will treasure the experience for my mother and all the joy it would have brought her.


This is a colleague and I with Patrick Chan at the Skaters After Party the night of (or should I say morning after) his big win. He was a total sweet heart and just so excited by his success that day.

No comments: