Friday, February 08, 2008

I finally finished Captain Corelli's Mandolin. It took a while for me to get into it but once I did I couldn't put it down. Next on my list was Not Wanted On The Voyage by Timothy Findley. This is one of the books Trent got me for Christmas. I think I am going to really like it as it is described as a historical romance that mixes fact and fiction, but I'm going to put it on hold for now and read As It Is In Heaven next. NB loaned it to me tonight and said I should read it now, over Valentines Day. I think I will save Trent's book for closer to when he comes comes to visit in March. By the way, he really enjoyed The Princess Bride, which was the book I searched high and low for. I can't wait to read it as it sounds even better than the movie...can that be?

I've started work on my second knitting project, a scarf for my father. My goal is to make a good go of it this weekend so I can get it in the mail to him before the end of the month. What I really want to be able to knit is mitts. I can't ever imagine that I will have my mother or grandmother's skills at knitting but I'll be happy if I can make a good pair of mitts and a toque.

No comments: