Monday, February 08, 2010

How has it been a full week since my last post?  We'll I guess I did get a new job in the last week...just in time as the College gig finished up the Thursday before. The new job is great, I'm working for the Deline First Nation in the band office.  I'm reviewing all of the gov't sponsored programs and making sure everything is in order.  I can work as many or as little hours as I want and work in the office or from home.  I should be there until the end of March and then we'll see what happens.  I worked full days last week but decided to work only mornings this week as I have some work to do for a course I am taking and I know next week will be a crazy one as Deline is hosting the 1st Annual Men's Handgames Tournament.  Its going to be 4 days of chaos...looking forward to it as I miss all of my event management stuff.  But back to the running.

Runs last week were good.  Getting better at watching the pace on the watch, though I find everytime I look at it my pace drops...just like they used to say in DB....don't look to see where you are, you will always ease up.  I'm doing a better job of keeping my pace consistent but I'm still running a off pace.  Time will help with that I am sure.

It appears that I am becoming rather well known around town for my running now.  People keep stopping me and asking if I am the person running in the mornings/evenings.  Trent even gets updates from people that they saw his wife out running...its quite amusing.  I had one elder today who saw me approaching him who started to jog a bit laughing as he approached me saying 'its good exercise eh?'.  Loved it.

Saturday we had a 9k run to do.  Trent had to organize the recycling depot and I was volunteering at Minor Hockey bingo so we headed out at about 8:30 am.  It was a great morning to be out.  Crisp and quiet and only a little head wind on our final stretch back into town.  The legs felt really heavy, I suspect from my being out of alignment from hockey on Thursday night.

Since I was off this afternoon I decided to head out for my run after lunch.  It was just 5K so I decided to head out on the ice road for a couple of km.  I figured if anything happened to me I would still be close enough for someone in town to notice me or drive by.  The sun was shining and the temperature a nice -16C with no wind.  It was really lovely.  Passed an elder out checking his nets on the way out but other than that it was pretty quiet.  The road was great, nice and smooth and for the most part I could find a snow packed line to follow.  I even took my mitts off for a few km and unzipped my jacket.  Can't complain about winter running on a day like today.

No comments: