Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's been a busy few weeks.

Spent Thanksgiving in Michigan with the family. Bought myself a Kitchenaid Mixer at Target...saved myself about $100 even with the exchange! Woohoo..let the baking begin. Had to leave in it MI as I took the train home and it was a little too heavy to lug on the subway and bus. Hoping to pick it up when I head down for American Thanksgiving Nov 24th.

Am in the process of madly packing all of my possessions for a small move this weekend. Moving in with a friend until the big move in January. T-bone found a great new roommate so it works out well. It's given me the kick in the pants to start organizing my shit, ensures T-bone doesn't have to go with out a roommate for any extended period and helps out CH who could use a few spare $$$ what with Christmas coming. I am taking all of my clothes and personal effects...furniture/books/surfboard etc are stay put for now. Thanks T-bone!

Have started researching moving companies. Found a great site Move It that gets you quotes for movers. I've received two so far, the first was for $802, the second $617. This is way less than what I was quoted by Mackie Movers....$2965. The big difference (other than Mackie's nickle and dime costing) boils down to what each estimates the weight to be for a one bedroom move. Mackie used an estimated weight of 2500 lbs while the other two used 750 lbs. I'm thinking I am more in the 1000 to 1500 range. This weekend I hope the do a quick audit of what I really plan to take and then get some more accurate quotes based on a more realistic weight estimate.

The more things change, the more they remain... insane.
Michael Fry and T. Lewis

No comments: