Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Rang in the new year last evening at a Jack & Jill for friends getting married in February. It was great to spend the evening with so many good friends and to celebrate such a wonderful couple . New Years Day dawned crisp and clear and it felt great to hang out for a few hours with two of my oldest and dearest friends. It's funny how we can choose such different paths in life but when needed we are always there for each other. I wish both of them so much for 2006 as they each deserve so much happiness.

Its a new year and I need a new focus for the year. I've been struggling with this one. Last year I challenged myself to make some tough decisions about what I wanted to do with my life and here I am preparing for a move across the country in pursuit of my dreams. For 2006 I think I am going to go back to some more concrete goals.
  1. Each month read at least one piece of literature/article that really challenges me to think
  2. Quarterly take a course in something new that interests me, ideas right now include baking, sewing and small business management
  3. Run the Vancouver half marathon
  4. Stop and smell the flowers or explore the park....as they say its more about the journey than the destination.

Happy New Year one and all.

No comments: