Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Its been a few days since I've posted any updates on my activities out here.

Snow was great at Whistler on Friday. NB & JB now have me doing double black diamonds. NB's response to my comment that it said "Experts Only" was that it didn't specify an expert in what. That was all I needed and off to the bowls I proceeded. There was only one run where I pulled out of the fun. It involved a very steep entrance into the bowl, you had to lower yourself down about a meter then had about a foot's width to ski down the side of the mountain for a good 10-12 feet to enter the bowl. I took off my board, proceeded to almost loose it over the edge and hiked back up and found a spot that was a little easier to enter the bowl. My boarding is definitely improving. The ski outs still kill the old calves but I'm getting faster and don't have to stop quite as much.

The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. A little running, lots of walking in the beautiful sunshine and some Bliss followed by brunch.

I've registered to run the St. Paddy's Day 5KM dash this Saturday. I'm hoping it will give me a good indication of how my running is improving with all the training I have been doing.

Tonight..I grocery shop and rest. With any luck I might be able to find an episode of Smallville to watch...mmmm Clark!

No comments: