Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Woo hoo, I paddled outrigger last night. It was beautiful out and really cool to see all the lights on the ski hills at Grouse and Cypress as I paddled out to Second Beach. Nothing like jumping into an OC-2 for a 90 minute paddle when you haven't been on the water for about 5 months. I couldn't even make it through the Gilmore Girls last night I was so wiped out. Arms are a wee bit tired today, could barely raise them to wash the hair this morning.

It's a sad thing when one gets angry with their Jeopardy desk calendar about how an answer was stated. I seriously thought I was robbed of a correct response this morning. Today's answer was: "Not red or white, the platelets, the smallest of these cells in the body, are important in the process of clotting". Anyone care to venture a guess?

9 comments:

Lt. Dan said...

"Thrombocytes"?

Jennifer said...

If only it were that complicated

Lt. Dan said...

OK then. "Blood cells"?

Lynne said...

"what is a scab?"
I am so jealous that you were able to go out in outrigger. Suffice it to say that I've been considering breaking out my snowmobile suit just to walk from my car into the office. Okay, not that bad but this ain't no Kitsilano.

Jennifer said...

Correct Dan..it was blood cells. Personally I think it was a bit of a trick ?

Nice one with the scab Lynne :)

One of my friends wore shorts running this morning!

Lynne said...

I agree - it was a trick. But everyone knows the writers for jeopardy are sneaks. Oh yeah, well known fact.
Gah. shorts? I'm so sick of the treadmill, I can't even tell you...who wants to look at CNN when they're running?

Lt. Dan said...

I have no TV in front of my treadmill, but the right music mix just puts me in a trance (which is handy for blocking out the pain). It's easy to get your adrenaline up listening to LCD Soundsystem or Sleater-Kinney...

Lynne said...

Music would definitely do the trick. Sadly, I don't have an ipod...yet.

Mindy said...

WOW! Wish I could get into a outrigger right now I am stuck in the mountains at work seaching the web for some talk about any outrigger stuff. Check my site out www.outriggercanoe.blogspot.com I have posted some outrigger fun videos.