A few thoughts on the half marathon:
- It might not be such a great idea to be both an organizer and a participant
- The first 5 miles were awesome
- Having wet feet for 13 miles is not fun
- Having dry shoes to change into unlike thousands of others is good
- If you put your head down and just go, Prospect Point is nothing!
- Seeing familiar faces on the course really does make a difference
- Diggs may have beaten me but I can walk normally
- Meredith Jenkins is awesome
- Having a VIP pass that allows you to hangout right in the finish line chute is very cool
- Hamburgers post race taste awesome!
My little running group is now planning to do the Scotia Half at the end of June in Vancouver. Before Sunday I was not interested and now I can't wait. I'd really like to see if I can improve my time with a little pre-race rest.