Sunday, February 03, 2008

While most people are glued to the tv this afternoon watching the SuperBowl I've just returned from seeing a production of Small Metal Objects as part of the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival. The performance took place in the Central Promenade of the Vancouver Public Library which was busy with Sunday afternoon traffic in and out of the library and the surrounding cafes. The audience were seated at one end of the space with headphones on listening to the mic'd actors who interacted with the general public in the space. The transformation of the public space into a stage (stole that from the program) was the best part. Some people were oblivious to what was going on while others tried to avoid or were confused while others like the homeless guy just played right into the scene.

Today I also saw the eagles...equally as exciting. When I went for my run this morning I sighted two eagles in the tree....there has only been one all winter! As I got closer I could see that one had something in its claws. Turns out he had a seagull and was carefully plucking it clean...it looked like it was snowing white feathers. Just so you know..I'm not the only eagle mad person out here, there was quite an audience gathered watching the dinner preparation.

Trent has just returned from a training run..apparently his finger tips feel like they are bleeding. Not good! If you haven't checked out his blog recently, you should. It's cold there!

No comments: