Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I wasn't sure whether I was going to post about Trent and I getting engaged but I think I can't keep it off of the blog as I am sure there will be many future postings about the whole planning process. I try not to put anything too personal on the site but its big news and really, anyone who reads this blog probably already knows.

So there you have it. We got engaged when we were at the Rock Water Secret Cove Resort. His asking did not come as a surprise as we've talked about it extensively but he certainly caught me off guard. I was convinced the proposal was coming on our canoe trip in June so when he pulled out a ring box (another surprise) I was stunned.

We think we've nailed down a wedding date, July 11th, 2009. The church is reserved and now we are looking for reception venues. Not easy when you live in Vancouver/Deline and are planning a wedding on the opposite coast (Halifax). Thankfully we have the support of Trent's mum and sister and many friends/family who have been married out there in the past few years.

Last night I had dinner with some friends and one commented on how much has changed for us in the past two years. Two years ago I was just settling in BC. They were trying to have a baby and I had basically given up on the idea that I would ever get married. Now they have a beautiful 6 month old and we are planning my wedding. Who would ever have imagined!

And my final thoughts for the evening..integrated ribbon baby. That's where its at. Let the games begin!

No comments: