Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy first day of summer.

Alright, its not officially summer but everyone knows that May 24 is the start of the summer season and with that the Kits Pool opened today. I was there just after 12:00 PM (gates opened at 12:00) and the line up was a couple of hundred people long. Lucky for me I had my swim pass and was able to walk up to the gate and right in. It felt great to be back in the saltwater pool with the ocean and mountains in the background. I thought I would just do a couple of lengths (each length measuring 137.5 m's) but I felt so good I kept going for a total of 16 lengths or 8 laps (2200m's). All that swimming this winter really has payed off.

Earlier today I visited the local nursery and picked up a few things for the balcony. After last season's discovery of the heirloom tomato at the Farmers Market I wanted to try my hand at growing some. I came upon one heirloom the Eva Purple Ball (at right) and picked up two others, a beautiful yellow tomato and some husky reds (cherry tomatoes). The balcony gets great sun in the afternoon so they should do well...as long as I can find someone to water them while I am away. I also picked up a variety of herbs which are happily tucked into the resident rosemary and thyme.

No comments: