Thursday, December 15, 2005

I know my blog is called A change is as good as a rest but today, I could really use the rest. Went to the Rheostatics show last night at the Horseshoe, it was their Whale Music night. Really enjoyed the opening artist, Great Aunt Ida. Ida Nilsen has a beautiful voice and some rather dark thoughts from the sounds of things. Great Aunt Ida hails from Vancouver so I will definitely try and catch another show out there and see what else they have to offer. Was looking forward to the Rheostatics show, that is until the break between bands lasted close to 45 minutes. They didn't hit the stage until after 11:30 PM. It's a school night kids...oh wait, maybe most of these indy music fans don't punch in before noon. Managed to hold on long enough to hear Queer. Next time I will prep with an afternoon nap so I can make it to the end of the set. God I'm weak.

Thx to Lt. Dan for taking me to the show...oh and for the pizza, movie and cuddle time with Sonny & Michael.

Ughhh...soooo tired.

No comments: