Monday, August 04, 2008

Happy 150th BC.

Trent and I finally had a quiet lazy day today after 10 days of entertaining my father and two weekends on the Island.

Thank you to everyone who supported my swim at Thetis Lake. Thanks to you I raised over $200 for MS with the event raising over $40,000 in total. I was quite nervous before the swim as I haven't put in a whole lot of distance over 2000 later but I am happy to report that my swim went well. Still not finishing as strong as I would like but that will come. The 3K consisted of 2 loops of 1.5k each around two island. My first lap had to have been quite a bit longer than 1.5K as I over swam the furthest bouy and had to back track a good 100m. I also kept finding myself quite a way off from the bouys despite swimming what I thought was a good line between them. As I crossed the finish line Trent was just getting ready for his race. He had swam a strong 1.5K against a very competitive field of local triathletes.

This past weekend we were back on the Island for the start of the North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) in Duncan. I had to be there for work Fri/Sat so Trent and my dad tagged along and we did a little sight seeing in the Cowichan Valley and Nanaimo areas before heading back to Vancouver Saturday evening.

Trent is off to Halifax Thursday and I am heading back to the Island Friday morning. I'll be a few days in Duncan at the NAIG and then I am heading to Tofino for a few days with surfboards in tow.

No comments: